[texworks] TeXworks and Microsoft Win7 Screen Magnifier

Elke Kirschbaum elke.rebekka at googlemail.com
Sat May 5 13:06:00 CEST 2012

Dear Madame or Sir,

I am a German physics student and I just got introduced into the use of
TeXworks and I would like to use it regularly for all kinds of documents.
But there is a huge problem. I have a visual impairment and that is why I
have to use the Windows Screen Magnifier to work on a computer (I use it in
full screen modus). This magnifier unfortunately is not working with
TeXworks quite well. By typing a text, the magnifier is supposed to follow
the text I am writing automatically. In TeXworks however it does not follow
my writing at all and stays always at the same spot until I move it
manually with the mouse (the magnifier follows the mouse cursor). This is
pretty unhandy as I either do not see what I am writing or always have to
use the mouse to follow my text, which takes a lot of time and is very
annoying especially while writing longer texts.
Maybe you could take this problem into account and find a way to make
TeXworks compatible with the Windows Screen Magnifier. That would be great.
Thank you.
With kind regards
Elke Kirschbaum