[texworks] Problem with sync and accented characters in file name

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:59:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 2012-04-23 18:31, Ignasi wrote:
> I'm using texworks last svn version compiled with mingw32-make on
> windowsxp.
> I've created a new document and saved it with an accented character in
> its name (I don't do it except today!).
>
> This new file has three pages but sync jumping from source to pdf
> doesn't work.
>
> I was surprised because it worked until now, I've tested with
> miktex-terworks and worked, and changed file name
> avoiding accented char and both miktex and my-texworks worked again.
>
> Is it a know behavior? Is it just a problem with my compiling procedure?

Good question. Accented characters are generally not really recommended,
but OTOH, if it worked before, it should still work (and it does on my
Linux machine).
To see if it's a problem with your compiling procedure, I suggest the
following steps:

1) try with the official build at
https://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list (r998 ATM)

2) in case (1) does not work: SyncTeX has last been updated in r943. Try
checking out a version of Tw before that (e.g., svn update -r942 should
work) and build that. If that works, it may be a problem in the new
SyncTeX version.

> May be it's important, I've compiled with qmake and mingw32-make
> (without cleaning)

Cleaning shouldn't be relevant here, but to be sure I suggest to clean
the Tw sources and rebuild them from scratch.

Regards,