[texworks] launching Yap in forward search

navarro at us.es navarro at us.es
Sun Mar 25 19:24:48 CEST 2012

Dear Stefan,

Thank you ever so much. I think I get the idea.

Best wishes and thank you for your wonderful work.

Alfredo

2012-03-24 21:46, navarro at us.es [1]wrote:

>> I am trying to
configure a tool to launch Yap to do a forward search to the DVI
location corresponding to the current line of the source file
mydoc.tex.

> A (typesetting) tool probably is not the right place to
implement this. It's intended to process a (source) file as a whole, and
thus has no notion of a cursor position.

> I'd suggest implementing
this as a script. Have a look at the launchPdf.js and toogleBold.js
scripts coming with TeXworks to see how to run external programs and how
to get the current cursor position (from there, you only need to count
line breaks to get the line number).

> HTH
> Stefan

Links: