[texworks] launching Yap in forward search

navarro at us.es navarro at us.es
Sat Mar 24 21:46:22 CET 2012

Hello everybody,

I am trying to configure a tool to launch Yap to
do a forward search to the DVI location corresponding to the current
line of the source file mydoc.tex. The name of the DVI file is
mydoc.dvi. I need to be able to pass on a variable with the line number.
For example, if I wanted to jump to line 41, the forward search would be
initiated like this:

C:> YAP -S 41MYDOC.TEX MYDOC.DVI

FOR THE GENERAL
CASE I NEED TO PUT IN THERE THE PLACEHOLDER WITH CURRENT LINE NUMBER.
BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND HOW TO THIS.

I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL
IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME IF THIS POSSIBLE AT ALL AND IF SO HOW TO DO
IT.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

ALFREDO