[texworks] Call for Help: Translations

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:26:52 CET 2012

Hi,

as you may or may not have noticed, we are currently preparing for a new
minor stable release (0.4.4) to be included in TeXLive 2012 which is due
later this spring (or fall on the southern hemisphere).

Right now, TeXworks is available in 20 different languages. If you
happen to be fluent in at least one of them (preferably English) and one
that is currently not supported, you can help make TeXworks more
accessible to people by translating its interface to that (so far)
unsupported language. If you're interested in doing that, please have a
look at http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/Translating to get
started. Since we are somewhat bound by the release schedule of TeXLive,
it would be great if you could submit any translations by April 4 (to
the list, to me personally, or by creating a new Google Code issue and
attaching it there). I realize that for starting from scratch, this is a
very short time frame, but the translations don't have to be perfect or
complete (though of course that would be preferable ;)) - every little
bit helps.

Cheers,
Stefan

PS: The maintainers of the existing translations have been contacted
separately. If you are not one of them but want to work on one of the
existing translations, please contact the respective translation
maintainer (and/or me) to avoid confusion.