[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:34:18 CET 2012

On 6 March 2012 05:43, grivet <grivet at cnrs-orleans.fr> wrote:

>  Hello,
> Thank you for your quick answer. I have more questions.
>
>     sync between latex and dvi
>

>  Ok,
>
>  (i) Right Mouse button and read the menu in either Tex or preview
>
>  Or
>
>  (ii)holding the Crtl key down, click with the left mouse button in the
> text or preview window where you want to sync
>
> Doesn't work for me; I use Miktek and Yap. Clicking in the preview window
> yields the message: "source file could not be opened, because the page
> contains no source links".
>
> Sorry Grivet, I have no experience working with .dvi like this in
TeXworks, my workflow is (pdf|Xe|lua)LaTeX and uses the TeXworks previewer,
not Yap.

I do see in the Yap programme that there is under

    Menu> View /options / Inverse DVI search

and you can add a New programme. However you might like to have  a look at
the TeXworks archive or previous messages first maybe this one would help?
I do not know ... http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/texworks/2011q2/004099.html

Or may be someone else may be able to jump in perhaps?

> As labels for formulas and figures, I use abbreviations that the
> spell-checker considers as spelling errors. Is it possible to prevent the
> spell-checker from "looking inside" blocks starting with \ref or \label ?

Yes have  a look at the TeXworks Manual under—

Apendix A  - Customizing TeXworks :  A.1 Syntax highlighting

There it will tell you how to edit your syntax-patterns.txt file.

You may be able to use the N option in the spelling position to achieve
what you want.

I have one with Y for spell checking to be on, under my Latex Section,
you'll need to nominate another colour, I do not know whether there is such
a thing as 'default'/'current' colour setting.

[LaTeX]

gray Y \\footnote\{.+\}

Regular expressions are not my strength, but may be you could have...

black N \\((label)|(ref))\{.+\}

Paul