[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:06:19 CET 2012

Hi JP Grivet,

Great to hear that you have started using TeXworks.

On 1 March 2012 23:21, grivet <grivet at cnrs-orleans.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
> Several advertised functions seem to be missing or inoperative in my
> version of TeXworks:
>
>    parenthesis highlighting

Ok, position your cursor between the braces (){}[]  of one kind or another
and

(i) Menu> Edit/ Balance Delimiters

Or

(ii)using the Crtl key tap the B key once

   sync between latex and dvi

Ok,

(i) Right Mouse button and read the menu in either Tex or preview

Or

(ii)holding the Crtl key down, click with the left mouse button in the text
or preview window where you want to sync

You will also find out many more essential and useful things, written up by
Alain Delmotte, Stefan Löffler, and others, by looking under:

Menu> Help / A Short Manual for TeXworks

The dictionary lacks many words; how can I insert a word from the current
> text?

There is a recent request towards helping obtain that functionality here:

 http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=563

> Am I missing something or is this behavior normal for the WinXP version ?
> Thanks in advance for any hint
> JP Grivet

HTH
Paul