[texworks] Alt+123 doesn't produce '{' (was: Help me)

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 04:31:08 CET 2012

Hi,

I am sitting here looking at my keyboard thinking there is a lovely capital
square bracket that makes a { for me ... so why would someone want to make
a { by typing Alt 0123 (note the 0 would be needed for some codes to work -
but not for a {  ).

So then I think has niverde changed their windows control page code,
(Edit/Preferences) TeXworks editing font, (Edit/Preferences) TeXworks
editor code page, or something so that you actually do need to type Alt 123
to get a capital opening square bracket... {

Have you tried to reassign something in another programme/application that
effects the whole operating system? Perhaps answered a question during an
install of another application?

Or was Alt 123 just an example, and you can actually still just type a } on
your key board when you want it?

Paul