[texworks] Deleting bbl as an Aux file

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 01:24:33 CET 2012

Hello,
** Stefan Löffler [2012-01-30 20:15:37 +0100]:

> Hi,

> On 2012-01-30 19:49, Alain Delmotte wrote:

>>> Putting this topic up for broader discussion, I'd be interested to hear
>>> what people on this list think about adding .bbl files to the "remove
>>> auxiliary files" list by default. I usually get them from BiBTeX, but
>>> are there workflows where they are not generated automatically during
>>> typesetting (e.g., written by hand, or produced by other applications
>>> that are not usually run together with LaTeX)? If so, it would be bad to
>>> offer to delete them by default, otherwise it might be worthwhile.

>> But when one ask to delete the auxiliary files, one has a dialog box
>> where you can select what to delete and what not.

>> Or am I wrong?

> You're right. But what is listed there is customizable (through
> <resources>/configuration/texworks-config.txt). After all, you wouldn't
> want, say, .tex files ending up there, and Tw doesn't know about file
> types (for it, all files are text or image files).

I'm agree, though I didn't know it is possible to customize list of
'removed auxiliary files'.

> So, the question is: should we add .bbl files to that list, or could
> they be non-auxiliary files (under some usual workflow)?

Sometimes bbl file shouldn't be deleted, e.g. I have BibTeX database
for articles and book, but for some paper requires a bit changed
referencing style. I do usual things, '\cite', processing file, getting
'bbl' one and edit it by hand (actually redefine a command) to get
proper reference style.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
It is true that if your paperboy throws your paper into the bushes for five
straight days it can be explained by Newton's Law of Gravity.  But it takes