[texworks] texworks Digest, Vol 42, Issue 13

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 18 18:54:12 CET 2012

On Jan 18, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Gou, Bei wrote:

> Dear Vladimir,
>
> Thank you very much for your prompt reply and assistance.
>
> I do not know if I can send the files to you and you can help me to correct it. I really do not know how to perform several steps, like how to get the 'graphicx' package, how to the figure in .ps format to PDF format, etc. Our school has a very strict rules for installing external programs. We have to apply for the permit first, which is time-consuming.
>
> Thanks a lot again.
>
> Bei

Howdy,

I'm not a Windows user but I'll bet that MikTeX 2.8 already has the graphicx package installed so you need only add the command

\usepackage{graphicx}

to the preamble of your document.

Like others, I really suggest you get some good documentation on using LaTeX.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)