[texworks] TeXworks - Typeset and View PDF

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 5 10:07:36 CET 2011

On 4 Dec 2011, at 14:04, Milan Jaroš wrote:

>  Hello,
> I tried to configure TeXworks (see attachment) to be able Typeset some specific file from any file used by \input but I failed. I tried to Google out something but without success. :(
> File is typeset fine but preview on right side is not working even if I have "View PDF after running" checked. If I use default pdfLaTeX it is OK but it does not work with my configuration (see attachment). Please, can you see what have I done wrong? Thank you for your time.

If I'm understanding your situation correctly, you have a document that uses \input (or \include) to incorporate multiple input files, and you want to typeset the main file regardless of which sub-document you have open in the editor. The easiest way to accomplish this is to add a comment at the start of each of the sub-documents that tells texworks which main or "root" file should be typeset. See http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Defining_a_root_file.

JK