[texworks] Open File from previewer

Ignasi Furió ignasi.furio at uib.cat
Fri Nov 18 12:00:22 CET 2011

Hi all,

today I've discovered that File->Open from Texworks preview shows *.tex in
File Type selector.
It surprised me because I was expecting for a *.pdf list of files. Is it
intended?

I know there is no to much difference because selecting a *.tex file its
*.pdf is automaticaly opened but
at that moment I was trying to open a postprocessed (pdfcrop) pdf without
tex equivalent.
So in that case I had to change file type to see and select a *.pdf file.

I think it would be better that open file from previewer offered as its
first option a pdf filter instead of
tex one. Even more because, once the pdf file is selected, its tex source
(if exists) is not automatically opened.

What do you think?

I'm using r950 compiled with mingw32 on windowsxp.

Thank you,

	Ignasi