[texworks] TeXworks 0.4.3 : where is the transcript file

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Sun Nov 13 01:19:11 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:
>
>  If TeXworks is missing something you find necessary, feel free to add to
>> the source code or write a script that fills the gap.
>>

> I am a TeXworks user, Charlie, not a TeXworks developer --
> my skills (if I have any) lie in writing TeX code, HTML
> & CSS, none of which would allow me to add functionality
> to TeXworks.
>
> Philip Taylor

I'm just a TeXworks user as well---I do some development work because I
want to have stable Mac builds and a better PDF viewer.

Since you have experience working with HTML, perhaps you know a bit of
JavaScript. In that case, you could write a script for TeXworks that adds
the feature you want without having to know about C++ or compiling things
from source:

// TeXworksScript
// Title: Open TeX logfile