[texworks] TeXworks 0.4.3 : where is the transcript file

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sat Nov 12 13:21:26 CET 2011

Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> A XeTeX run shews, in the output window,
> "(see the transcript file for additional information)",
> yet the directory containing the source file
> contains no files called <source>.log,

It does, if not anything has gone horribly wrong. If you're on windows,
that “clever” OS is “userfriendly” in not showing certain file
extensions. Check if this is the case for you and deactivate that (in my
opinion) stupid “feature“.

> not
> can I find any reference in the TeXworks menus
> to "view transcript file". Where is the transcript
> file stored, and how is one intended to view
> it in TeXworks ?

Just open the open dialogue and type in the whole name (i.e.
<source>.log). It should then be opened, also if it is not shown in the
file list.

cheers
Arno