[texworks] Wishlist for TeXworks 0.4.3+

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Nov 1 18:55:42 CET 2011

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Look under the Scripts menu. Take a look at the script that toggles \emph to see how it's done.

OK, so "Macros" = "Scripts", in the context of TeXworks.
Understood.

> I guess I'd look at that differently... why bother to set the typesetting engine when adding the line overrides that setting. So just write a script that puts that line in the document and execute that script adding whatever you need.

But there is already a drop-down which selects from amongst
the set of known typesetting engines.  Would it not be better
to take advantage of ("leverage", in the current appalling
management-speak) functionality that is already present,
rather than re-invent the wheel ?

** Phil.