[texworks] Wishlist for pdf previewer

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:44:35 CET 2011

Yes I think I have worked with all those at one point or another, but if it
is for rough proofing I trust we don't need complete accuracy.  Direct
desaturation even in graphics programmes generally,  often is not the best
(terminology is not standardised though). 8-bit grey-scale is perhaps a
better target result.

PS: MuPDF does colorspace conversion internally, so we could borrow their
> algorithm - at least that would make things consistent.

Sounds great!

I've found how they handled it so far completely adequate for the task-at
least at the level/quality that I envisage it is needed
(you're probably going to tell me now that al they are doing
is desaturating!)