[texworks] Wishlist for pdf previewer

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 02:23:23 CEST 2011

On 18 October 2011 23:57, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2011-10-18 02:54, Paul A Norman wrote:
> > Feature Request: Is it easy enough for the previewer to be made able
> > to go in and out of grey-scale presentation and colour mode please?
>
> I guess it should be doable (not sure about the difficulty, though), but
> can you please give a typical case where you would need this?
>
> Thanks Stefan sorry for the delay been very busy. Its used when  needing to
check colour use in text, graphs, graphics and illustrations
for indication of the result of grey-scale printing (sometimes inaccurately
called black and white printing) - invaluable to be able to preview on
screen without a printout. Means that any colours that are too close
when viewed in greyscale, can be colour adjusted during editing.

Its already in the pdfview.exe (MUPDF a lightweight PDF and XPS viewer) project
(Atrifex Software Inc) http://www.mupdf.com/ and very effective there.
It is activated in their viewer, like everything else they do, by a keyboard
key, c (information in info.txt - does not appear in the Help About box)

 Paul

Cheers,