[texworks] Wishlist for pdf previewer

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:57:53 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-10-18 02:54, Paul A Norman wrote:
> Feature Request: Is it easy enough for the previewer to be made able
> to go in and out of grey-scale presentation and colour mode please?

I guess it should be doable (not sure about the difficulty, though), but
can you please give a typical case where you would need this?

> Bug or Feature?: I've noticed that if I open a pdf first (made via
> TeXworks), and use click-sync in that pdf, that the .tex editor opens
> as expected, but also an extra copy of the .pdf as well.
>
> Then if I click-sync in the newly opened .tex editor, both copies of
> the .pdf yellow highlight to the correct place.

Bug, but (unfortunately) I cannot reproduce it on my system. Normally,
Tw should recognize a corresponding pdf if it is already open and not
open a copy of it. Probably there's some problem with that mechanism
that you've came across now. So could you please describe in as much
detail as possible what you did and especially the directory layout you
use? In particular:
 * What is the full path/filename of your .tex file?
 * What is the full path/filename of your .pdf file?
 * Do you use multiple .tex files?
 * Do you use "%TeX root" to define a root file?
 * How do you open the pdf file (e.g., from the explorer, i.e.,
bypassing the normal startup / after starting Tw normally via File >
Open / after having opened other .tex and/or .pdf files / ...)

Cheers,