[texworks] Texworks quit working (on windows)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:27:10 CEST 2011

Hi,

I agree that the dlls mentioned by DependencyWalker don't seem
important. At least they are nothing Tw-specific (nothing we link in).

Regarding Python: yeah, the latest version(s) link(s) to Python
statically, I think. A lot of versions before used a dll - that's what
got me confused. So there should be no problem there, either. But if you
want to rule out scripting (in particular lua + python) entirely, you
can download the previous stable release, 0.2.3, from
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/detail?name=TeXworks-w32-0.2.3r466.zip&can=1&q=

About the startup test. Sorry about the file hosting. My university
server was done for some reason yesterday, so I thought that would be
the quickest way to get this program to you. As it's about 4MB, I was
afraid that it didn't get through via mail. But my university server
works again, now, so you can download it from
web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/startup-test.exe

HTH