[texworks] Texworks quit working (on windows)

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Tue Sep 27 16:06:46 CEST 2011

David J. Perry wrote:
> I believe that some people use TeXLive on Windows, but you might have
> better luck with MiKTeX, which is a Windows-specific distribution
> (that's what I use). It includes TeXworks along with many other things
> and has tools to keep your distribution up to date easily. It comes with
> a Windows installer.

Well, that cannot be a solution. TeX Live ships TeX works for Windows,
and it is supposed to work. I personally do recommend TeX Live for every
Windows TeX starter as MiKTeX has several problems that can be hard for
a beginner. E.g. I've seen (during a TeX run) a message saying that the
GUI could not be opened. A normal user is lost at this point.

Therefore, also I'm on a Linux machine, I'm also interested in a
solution – a friend of mine seems to have the same problem as K. Frank
reports.

cheers
Arno