[texworks] marquee zoom (was: zoom devours memory)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:49:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 2011-09-19 17:36, schrieb Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd):
> In that case, may I beg, plead, appeal, ask, beseech you,
> crave, entreat, implore, petition, pray, solicit, and supplicate
> for a marquee zoom.  I find a virtual magnifying glass the most
> useless zoom tool in the world, and the current previewer
> drives me /insane/ by seemingly providing only that one mechanism
> for zooming.  When I want to zoom, I almost invariably want to
> marquee zoom; it is hard to imagine that others do not feel the same.

You may ;). I added it to the todo list. As far as I can see now, it
shouldn't be too difficult to implement in the new code.
BTW: Even in the current version of Tw, you have several ways to zoom:
 - Hold down shift while clicking (Alt+Click zooms out)
 - Use View > Zoom In/Out (Shortcuts "Ctrl +"/"Ctrl -")
 - Left click on the zoom level indicator in the status bar to show a
list of predefined zoom levels
 - Or of course use the toolbar or menu for actual size or fit to
width/window

Granted, none of that replaces the simplicity of marquee zoom, but they
are safer with respect to render time and memory consumption (see
original post).

HTH