[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Sep 20 15:15:55 CEST 2011

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> No, I'm thinking of a TeX command, e.g., \enableshellescape (no, that doesn't work).
> But  that would defeat the purpose of restricting shell escape and I'm probably wrong.

Not necessarily : it might be that there is such a command, but
it is effective only if enabled at an outer (non-TeX) level.
I can vaguely envisage reasons as to why one might want to
enable and disable access to the host O/S within different
reaches of a TeX program.

Philip Taylor