[texworks] input and case sensitiveness

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 13:00:33 CEST 2011

Hi all,

sorry for all the mails with only complaining, but I have two more
questions:

• case sensitiveness in the “Open File” window:
Many of my german documents' names start with an uppercase letter, but I
am too lazy to always type the uppercase in “File name” to get a drop
down choice. Is there a way to make this case insensitive, at least for
latin characters?

• This is something that bugs me for a long time now, and I still don't
know if it is my fault, my OS's fault or TeXworks' … When entering a
“somewhat special” unicode character, it just doesn't show up in the
editor window. However, upon copy-pasting it from another application
works fine. This happens, and is especially annoying, for the letter ẞ
(uppercase ß). Any idea how to fix this?

cheers
Arno