[texworks] zoom devours memory

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Sep 19 20:56:35 CEST 2011

Arno Trautmann wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure what you mean with “marquee zoom”, sorry … but I have several zoom steps that do mostly what I what. I kind of miss a even-one-step-larger-zoom, but after Stefan's message, I fear that the rendering will take some days, so it's not too important …
> And – I like the magnifying glass. Normally I don't use such kind of tools, but it comes in often suprisingly handy …

With a marquee zoom, one draws a rectangle around the region
of interest, using the mouse.  When the mouse button is released,
the area enclosed by the rectangle enlarges to fill the screen,
modulo any aspect ratio differences.

Philip Taylor