[texworks] zoom devours memory

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Mon Sep 19 20:50:45 CEST 2011

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> Arno Trautmann wrote:
>> Stefan Löffler wrote:
>> But Charlie and I are currently working on an overhaul of the pdf
>>> previewer, which among other things should increase the response time of
>>> the application (by rendering in the background and displaying a scaled
>>> image until that is finished).
>
> In that case, may I beg, plead, appeal, ask, beseech you,
> crave, entreat, implore, petition, pray, solicit, and supplicate
> for a marquee zoom.  I find a virtual magnifying glass the most
> useless zoom tool in the world, and the current previewer
> drives me /insane/ by seemingly providing only that one mechanism
> for zooming.  When I want to zoom, I almost invariably want to
> marquee zoom; it is hard to imagine that others do not feel the same.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with “marquee zoom”, sorry … but I
have several zoom steps that do mostly what I what. I kind of miss a
even-one-step-larger-zoom, but after Stefan's message, I fear that the
rendering will take some days, so it's not too important …
And – I like the magnifying glass. Normally I don't use such kind of
tools, but it comes in often suprisingly handy …

cheers
Arno