[texworks] Problem with .eps files

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 16:30:56 CEST 2011

Hello,

** Felix Wieczorek [2011-09-19 14:33:02 +0200]:

> ----- Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl at gmail.com> ---------

>> Hello,
>> ** Felix Wieczorek [2011-09-19 12:11:29 +0200]:

>>> By the way, there is a third way for geogebra, which supports direct
>>> output of pdf files.

>> I don't understand your. How geogebra is related with _inclusion_ of
>> graphics files to LaTeX document?
>> I don't mention any way to _produce_ graphics, there are plenty of them,
>> or how to use LaTeX syntax and latex program to process input in other
>> programs.

> Ok, didn't mean any offense. Just wanted to point out for Mark that in this
> special case there is no need to first export the eps file and then convert
> it.

And I want to apologize, I didn't want to be rude.
If my colleagues ask me advice about LaTeX figures I always suggest them
produce both PDF and EPS files, because it is not difficult and it simplifies
they LaTeX workflow (and mine too :).

For example, some time ago my colleague asked me how to include EPS
images into document that will be processed futher by pdflatex. Before
that he had not work much with pdflatex. The simplest solution that came
to my mind was 1) suggest to get rid of extension from graphic files and
2) add `epstopdf' package. To his astinoshment all works well, without
additional efforts (though the ways he creates images are very
different).

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
A bird in the hand is worth what it will bring.