[texworks] zoom devours memory

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Mon Sep 19 14:53:54 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have some trouble with the built-in pdf viewer: When I zoom, it works,
great. But the largest and second-to-largest zoom steps take a very long
time to proceed (~ 30s on a document that has just “\TeX” in it). Also,
the memory consumption during this time (rendering time?) goes up
dramatically, up to 50% of my 1GB RAM. But when it's finished, memory
drops, the machine goes on working and scrolling etc. is very fast
again, also the zoom lense doesn't make any problems.

So – is this known? Is it a bug or just the way the renderer works? Can
it be improved?

cheers
Arno