[texworks] Open folder

Ignasi Furió ignasi.furio at uib.cat
Fri Sep 16 13:14:16 CEST 2011

El Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:37:40 +0200, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com>
vau escriure:

> Hi,
>
> On 2011-09-16 11:41, Ignasi Furió wrote:
>> I'm using texworks v05-r939 on windows compiled with mingw and QT
>> version of open-save window.
>> I've seen that texworks 'remembers' save (save-as) folder for each file
>> but just the last opened folder.
>> This way every open action starts on the last opened folder and not at
>> the working file's folder.
>
> I'm not sure if I fully understand the problem. ATM, Tw remembers the
> last folder from which a file was opened, and (separately) the last
> folder a file was saved to. These are global, i.e., the same folders are
> used in all open windows.

My texworks uses a global open folder but a 'per file' save-as folder and
I would like a 'per file' open folder.

> However, the assumption is that, when working on one project at a time,
> this should work reasonably well.

Yes, your right.

> Could you describe in more detail a case where this approach doesn't
> work for you?

Supose I'm working with files from two different folders,
file1_folder1.tex and file2-folder2.tex
what I would like is that when clicking open on file1_folder1.tex's
windows, folder1 was shown and when clicking on file2-folder2.tex's
folder2 was shown. Now open button shows last opened folder 1 or 2 but
without considering which is the active window.

The other way, when clicking on save-as (not just save) the folder which
is shown is the active windows one a not the last used for 'saving-as'.

If this is not possible I would like to have a easy option of fixing (and
changing) a working folder. This way all open and save-as actions will
start there.

Ignasi