[texworks] Texworks, makeindex and the -aux-directory option

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:31:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-09-15 05:12, Jorge Ramos wrote:
> In both latex passes, I included the option -aux-directory=SOME_PATH
> in order to keep the folder containing the tex files as clean as
> posible.

I didn't find any mention of -aux-directory in my TeX man page (TeXLive
'11 on Ubuntu Linux, pdflatex). Is it standard? What distro do you use?

> The problem
> arises when makeindex is invoqued (after the first latex pass) because
> I can't find a way to make makeindex write in the \aux_files
> directory.

Did you try running makeindex from the folder your .aux (and .idx)
file(s) are in?

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest posting this question on a TeX-related
mailing list (maybe one dedicated to your distro), as this mailing list
is intended (primarily) for questions regarding the TeXworks editor, not
regarding the different TeX tools.

HTH

Stefan Löffler                              Institute of Solid State Physics
Vienna University of Technology                         T: +43 1 58801-13815
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10 / A-1040 Wien                  F: +43 1 58801-13899
http://tinyurl.com/njcu47                                        DVR: 0005886