[texworks] “Remove Aux Files” from “File” to “Edit”?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 13:07:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-09-09 10:24, Arno Trautmann wrote:
> this is a rather simple request, but you may not like it:
> I very often need the “Remove Aux Files …” functionality (as I mess
> with a lot of experimental code that breaks aux files …) The problem
> is that the function is directly above “Quit TeXworks”. For a larger
> project, I have often about 8 files opened – and one mis-click or
> mis-type will close everything instead of just deleting the aux files :(
>
> So the request is to move that function to “Edit” – where it kind-of
> belong, too, IMHO, as it edits something. Well, it also removes
> “files”, so it's ok there, too … what do you think?

I think it works on files, so I'd rather keep it in the "File" menu
(note that "Edit" ATM contains primarily commands that act on the
current window, not on the file system ("Preferences..." is the only
exception here in that it brings up a dialog that configures the whole
application (and, depending on the installation, also modified a file
storing said preferences)).

However, why not assign a shortcut? That strikes me as the quickest
solution, especially if you use this command often (and use keyboard
input for "hitting OK", anyway). See the manual for a description how to
assign custom shortcuts.

HTH