[texworks] Disturbing diagnostic :

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:39:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-08-24 16:18, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> I would have expected the installer to correctly identify
> the location for a previous install.

No, it doesn't (in general, but especially when we're talking about a
previous version distributed by a TeX distro (which use different
installation methods)).
Since several versions of Tw can in principle coexist, this shouldn't be
a fundamental problem. It might be inconvenient at times, but I expect
the majority of users to install to Program Files (the default), in
which case it is easy to overwrite a previous version.

But if someone proposes a patch to remember the installation directory
of course I'm happy (though it would still not handle the migration from
a TeX distro version to the GC version).

HTH