[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:05:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to. My impression is that
you don't mean help files (Hilfedateien), but auxiliary files (e.g.,
.aux, .toc, etc.).
If that is the case: those auxiliary files are necessary for
successfully typesetting your tex files. In many cases, it is necessary
to run latex (and other tools) several times to get all cross
references, tables, citations etc. right. For that, you must keep those
auxiliary files!
Once you are finished, you can of course delete those files, if you
really want to. To do that, Tw includes the menu item "File > Remove Aux
Files...".

The only other way around this I can think of right now is to use the
TEXINPUTS environment variable, but this would require a lot of batch
file magic to get running for arbitrary input files.

HTH
Stefan

PS (in German): Falls du auf Deutsch weiter diskutieren willst ist das
für mich kein Problem, dann aber bitte per Mail abseits der Liste...
PS (in English): If you want to continue to discuss this in German,
that's no problem for me, but please do it per mail off-list...