[texworks] TeXworks 0.4.3 fails to identify installation directory correctly

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 26 02:04:25 CEST 2011

On 26 August 2011 00:12, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd)
<P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Well, most installers seem to correctly identify the installation
> location of previous installations, regardless of how they got
> there, presumably by inspecting the relevant parts of the registry.
> I had no reason to expect that this would not be the case for
> TeXworks.

And when that didn't work you decided to it's best to just overwrite
your installation...

>> Why don't you
>> just 'tlmgr update texworks'?  TW 0.4.3 is already in TL.
>
> My understanding (which is frequently wrong) is that TeX Live
> updates do not include binaries; was I wrong in this respect ?

Usually we don't, that's correct, but TW 0.4.3 is in the official
release of TL'11.  You probably just have some old stuff from the
pretest time and don't even know it.

Cheers,

Tomek