[texworks] inconsistens because of help-files?

sigmundv at gmail.com sigmundv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 01:36:11 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 00:19, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>wrote:

> You also forgot that LaTeX *always* needs several runs in order to
> create a TOC.

Of course. That's the way it's designed.

The mentioned makefile requires standard Unix utilities, which are not
> available on Windows, and Windows batch files work on Windows only,
> if at all.

The mentioned makefile only pretends to be for *nix systems. Batch files of
course only work on Windows.

Furthermore, LaTeX writes a hint to the log file telling you whether
> an additional run is needed.  It makes sense to evaluate this hint.
> This can be done in Perl without much effort.  I'm looking forward to
> see this implemented in an MS-DOG batch file.

No idea if it's possible with batch scripting. I never needed to write one
myself and it's not something I'll do voluntarily. Any decent scripting
language can evaluate the hint easily.

Sigmund