[texworks] Fututre Needs - Was: Highlighting for LaTeX3 and LuaTeX

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 02:11:38 CEST 2011

Arno,

 I should add that your posting highlights (no pun intended) the newer
developments in *TeX galaxies, and the future needs that editors like
TeXworks need to start accounting for now or be Eclipse(d) elsewhere
(pun intended).

Direct disk/system font usage - fontspec, LuaTeX internal Lua sections
and direct lua are only some of the things to be more fully provided
for and to help people with as thet enter the ever expanding *TeX
universe.

Embedding sound/movies/3d ...

Reminds me of the pointers (although comically given) in a certain
http://river-valley.tv/media/conferences/tug-2010/Don-Knuth/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKaI78K_rgA

Good to open a slow/deliberative ongoing dialogue up here on what is
needed ahead ...

Paul