[texworks] Ctrl+W

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 03:05:37 CEST 2011

Sorry I just had a keyboard moment in Gmail :)

Dear DB,

That could be irritating.

Have a look on your Tw help menu.

There is an item there "A Short Manual for TeXworks"

Open it and look inside for a section under "A Customizing TEXworks" called
 "A.2 Keyboard shortcuts"

In there you will find instructions for adding an .ini  file that will
allow you to (re)assign shortcut keys.

I have tried adding this line to my new "shortcuts.ini"

actionClose =

in other words getting it to do nothing - not follow its default Ctrl+ W

Or assign it to

  Crtl+.

Or something.

You can find the right place to put the new "shortcuts.ini" file by using the
Scripts Menu / Scripting TeXworks / Show Scripts Folder

Then go up form that folder and look for the "configuration" folder
and follow the notes in the manual section described above.

I hope that this helps,

Paul