[texworks] problem with shortcut

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 16:33:24 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-27 16:25, Carlo Marmo wrote:

>     Yes - or the wrong TeXworks ;).
>     The upper folder apparently is part of the TeXLive installation,
>     which means that you seem to be using a TeXworks version provided
>     by TeXLive (and consequently customized to fit the TL folder
>     scheme). The lower folder would be OK if you used Tw as downloaded
>     from Google Code (without any modifications; as you indicated
>     earlier).
>

> Yes, maybe I was wrong when I wrote where I got my Tw from! I can't
> even remember what I had for breakfast this morning, I'm sorry!

No problem. But that's why I asked (where you got Tw from, not what you
had for breakfast ;)).

>     So, either update your shortcuts to use the GC version of Tw, or
>     move shortcuts.ini to the folder
>     C:\Users\Carlo\texlive2010\texmf-config\texworks\configuration.
>

> Perhaps uninstall my Tw, download it from Google Code  and reinstall
> it is the best solution? What would you do in my situation?

As always, that depends. But TL'11 (just released a few days ago)
includes the latest stable release of Tw (0.4.3), and the fact that
TL'10 included 0.4.0 suggests that you also get more or less regular
updates that way. So unless you are comfortable with watching the
progress of Tw yourself, or you want to always have the latest changes
and features (and bugs ;)), you should probably be fine with using the
TL version. It just means you need to move the shortcuts.ini file to the
folder mentioned above (and live with the fact that this "resources"
folder is different than the "default" one).
Also, _if_ you have any other version of Tw, I suggest removing it to
avoid confusion.

HTH