[texworks] problem with shortcut

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 15:35:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-07-27 14:50, Carlo Marmo wrote:

>     *) The file must have the correct name (shortcuts.ini) and must be
>     in the correct path
>     *) You must restart Tw before any changes to that file take effect.
>     *) If done correctly, the shortcut should appear next to the
>     respective menu item
>     *) If several functions have the same shortcut (either by default
>     or by your customization), none of them are accessible via the
>     shortcut anymore
>

> OK. Point 3: nothing appears in my menu

In that case, the file is indeed not recognized properly, it seems (as
opposed to some conflicting shortcuts, etc.).

>     Which version of Tw do you use, and where did you get it from
>     (MiKTeX, a web page, ...)?
>

>  Tw version 0.4.0. r.759. I got it
> from http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list
>

>     Where did you create your shortcuts.ini file?
>

> .Carlo/texworks/configuration

This seems like a weird place to me, somehow (though since it's not an
absolute path and I don't know your setup, I can tell for sure).
Is the folder you get when you click on "Scripts > Scripting TeXworks >
Show Scripts Folder" a sibling of that folder (i.e., they have the same
parent folder, namely .Carlo/texworks). If not, you picked the wrong
folder. According to
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Locating_and_customizing_TeXworks_resources,
the folder should be something like
"C:\Users\Carlo\TeXworks\configuration" on Windows 7...

HTH