[texworks] TexWorks

sigmundv at gmail.com sigmundv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:17:44 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 19:57, Paul A Norman <paul.a.norman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank me?
>
> I don't think so!!!
>
> Please thank Stefan (and any one else) who have gone to all the
> trouble to make this work via Launchpad ppa!

Let me elaborate. Thank you Paul(!) for pointing me in the direction of the
ppa. Thank you Stefan and others for maintaining this wonderful LaTeX editor
and typesetting tool (and ppa)!

It surely lowers the threshold for many to LaTeX. I've always used Emacs w/
AUCTeX for LaTeX typesetting, so I'm not a heavy user of TeXworks, but many
people need tools like this in order to be less scared. Throw Emacs in front
of a newcomer to LaTeX, he or she will run screaming away and never come
back. The first impression is important, and it's here that TeXworks plays a
part. I'll happily recommend it to anyone who wants to learn LaTeX. Or just
use it when I introduce someone to LaTeX.

Thank you everyone who is part of this project (I myself have only
contributed with a translation into my mother tongue - Faroese).

Sigmund