[texworks] TexWorks

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 08:11:37 CEST 2011

Dear  Sivasubramani,

We may be talking at cross purposes here, so I'll got through it again.

Have you tried typing:

texworks

at the command prompt in Ubuntu?

Menu: Applications > Accessories>  Terminal

Or directly starting TeXworks from

Menu: Applications > Office > TeXworks icon

If you are using Unity desktop there will be equivalent icons.

The ppa link I sent you was for the maintenance of TeXworks under
Ubuntu aside from what TeXlive supplies.
It will keep your TeXworks up to date even with the Development version if
you wish.

It may well completely replace TeXlive's version, I have not seen TeXlive's
version since I started using Stefan's ppa.

You can follow the guidance on the Launchpad ppa web site links (to put
Stefan's ppa TeXworks in to Ubuntu) , and then use your Ubuntu updater to
keep you with a most recent version of TeXworks.

As I said before, I believe that this would supersede TeXlive's distribution
of TeXworks.

Or have I misunderstood or missed the point of your question again?

Paul