[texworks] HELP with Tw 0.4.3 syntax highlighting

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:27:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-07-13 15:00, Carlo Marmo wrote:
> I'm a total beginner, not only with Tw. I'm a windoz-addicted trying
> to rehab. So, sorry to bother you with simple questions.

Welcome to the community, then :).

Simple questions are no bother at all, btw, as they are the ones that
are hopefully easy to answer - which is a welcome change from all

> My problem is basically I don't understand syntax highlighting rules.
> what kind of language is that?
> Am I supposed to learn some sort of specific code in order to modify
> properly the "syntax-patterns" file?

Charlie already answered regarding the kind of language (regular
expressions).
But normally you shouldn't need to learn this as a beginner as the
standard markup for TeX & Co. is set up for you automatically. If you
have any special needs, just give some more detail and someone around
here will most likely be able to help.

Cheers,