[texworks] TeX.SX 'Community Ad'

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:17:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-07-10 23:16, Joseph Wright wrote:
> The TeX.SX site (http://tex.stackexchange.com) has a list of 'community
> ads': http://meta.tex.stackexchange.com/q/1184/73. The idea is to
> feature popular projects, etc., as ads on the question page.
>
> Submitting TeXworks as something to be advertised seems like a good
> idea. I thought perhaps the enlarged icon from http://tug.org/texworks/,
> plus the usual 'Lowering the barrier' tag line. Does this seem like a
> good idea?

since you already did (submit it), it looks good, and it got several
votes already, I guess it was a good idea. Raising public awareness can
never hurt.

Some design suggestions (just my personal opinion, no "official statement"):
- make the background transparent
- I like the text, but could you make it a bit bolder?
- Also, adding "lowering the entry barrier to the TeX world" might be a
nice addition as some kind of small-ish quote at the bottom

Cheers,