[texworks] feature request for TeXworks under Mac OSX

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Tue Jul 12 18:55:59 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 1:37 AM, Jinglei Hu <jingleihu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to request two features: (1) full-screen mode for tex input and compilation, and (2) adding "Clear Menu" option to "File->Open Recent" menu.

It might be wise to wait on on full screen mode until OS X Lion comes
out and Qt updates to integrate with the full-screen app feature in
that release. Hopefully that would cut down on the amount of custom
code that would need to be written and the number of bugs that would
be introduced.

I think there is already a feature request for clearing the Open
Recent menu on the TeXworks issue tracker, it shouldn't be that hard
to implement. I'll look into it when I get a chance---which could be a
couple of weeks as I am rather buried under projects at the moment.
If someone wants to write the code, I'll test it out and commit it to
the repository. That would definitely get the feature implemented
quicker.

> Thanks for the nice software.
>
> Cheers, Jinglei

Thanks for using it and taking the time to give us feedback on how to
make it better!

-Charlie