[texworks] Problem with line mangling

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 01:59:44 CEST 2011

May be (if not already tried) posting a picture of the line numbers
jumbled up, in appropriate Qt forums (even bug reports) asking how the
component could ever do that?

I'm stepping back from the detail, to propose that the result seen of
line numbers jumbled on top of each other be treated as the problem at
face value.

i.e viewing it as a flaw in the component that that could ever happen at all.

Simply that the failed functionality by which line numbers end up
superimposed on each other be treated as the basic bug?
Or if the fault lies in Tw somehow there must be someone in Qt who
knows how such a line number pileup could happen?

I'm thinking here how the numbers superimpose themselves on each other
- there could only be a few mechanisms known to the Qt designers, by
which that could even happen perhaps?

As I say, as the detail is obscure - retreat to the obvious and
visible that is not obscure - numbers piling up on each other - push
the point `how can that happen'?

Additionally, If we can can say (giving reasons) that it looks pretty
solid that the problem came in with Qt version so and so ,,,

Paul