[texworks] Problem with line mangling

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:34:52 CEST 2011

On 7 Jul 2011, at 11:18, Paul A Norman wrote:

> HI,
>
> There seem to have been some connected issues for a while possibly as
> far back as 2009 depending on the true status/nature of this report.
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=176&can=1&q=line%20number

I don't think that is related....

> Definitely pre February 2011
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=469&can=1&q=line%20number
>
> I wrote that up after it had been around for a little while, if that
> helps to determine the Qt version number.

...but yes, it looks like this issue has been around since the beginning of the year, at least. I haven't kept track of which Qt versions Stefan (or others) have been using for various builds, but IIRC the Qt version should be shown in the About dialog. If you have the time, it might be interesting to go back to older builds and see if it's possible to identify a point in time when the problem first appeared, and then compare versions in use before/after this. (Old downloads are still available from the Google Code site, you just have to ask it for the "deprecated" ones to see the full list.)

JK