[texworks] line numbers Merge and text disappears

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:25:19 CEST 2011

A Dear Stefan,

Short answer is that it is still fickle, so in that sense unless there
is a pattern which I and the others have not discerned yet, I can not
give a recipe for reproducing the problem.

Having said that I do not know if this is coincidence or not, but I
tried to repeat carefully the sequence of events I followed yesterday,
in opening my work flow today. I re did this exactly the same a number
oif times closing the program and restarting between each batch of
document openings. Each time I `successfully' got the problem.

I rotated the document and nature of document that was re-opened
first, and the one that was re-opened second, so that I tested unique
combinations each time to try and rule out document contents as the/a
contributing issue.

All done from the (File/Recently Opened menu item)

First document (a different one each time) opens fine no line jumbling.

A second document (differetn one each time) opened from same menu item
in the same editor session,  when you scroll down is jumbled (no
matter whether it is a long or a short document).

Close Editor and start a fresh session.

Repeat with different pairs of documents  in fresh editor sessions.

8) Is this reproducible? It seems so.

Paul