[texworks] TL2011 pretest on win7

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jun 28 14:57:43 CEST 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 7:40 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> On 28/06/2011 13:22, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> The side effect is that for each myfig.eps you also (unexpectedly) end up with a myfig-eps-converted-to.pdf which you don't have with the dvi->ps->pdf route. Also, depending upon the TeX distribution's setup that can be turned off; paranoid mode.
>
> Well, the naming is quite clear -:) There's a balance between this and
> compilation failing, and the later is not a great way to help newer
> users. So auto-conversion seems okay to me. (Of course, that is not
> actually a TeXworks issue per se.)
>
> On the 'turning off auto-convertion', that is again something well
> beyond the target audience for TeXworks.
> --
> Joseph Wright

Howdy,

I'm not sure how MikTeX has that set and admins may have set that variable to paranoid without user's knowing. Also, many folks are using older TeX distributions where the automatic conversion of eps doesn't work; the limited shell escape was first introduced in 2009.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)