[texworks] TL2011 pretest on win7

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Tue Jun 28 09:35:53 CEST 2011

Hi!

Le 26/06/2011 15:32, Stefan Löffler a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 2011-06-25 15:25, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
>> today I did a test on win7 prof.
>
> Thanks for testing :).
>
>> To set up TeXWorks for latex-dvips-ps2pdf some extra work has to be done ...
>
> Yes, this is sort of by design. By default, only pdf*tex is set up to
> encourage people to move to the new system, and to avoid confusion for
> new users (which would probably wonder what the different is if the
> outcome is pdf in all cases).

OK I understand that, but many people are going to TeXworks
with an existing background in (La)TeX, especially using eps
figures and so need dvips...

What are, in detail, the steps to compile, under TeXworks
files with postscript commands?
There are two, if I am not mistaken (latex-dvips-ps2pdf and
straight pdflatex adding a package) but TeXworks has to be
adapted in both cases.
Further, are these solutions equivalent?

I'll also be interested to pdflatex, biblatex, makeindex,
pdflatex, pdflatex.
How to achieve that?

Regards,

Alain