[texworks] line numbers Merge and text disappears

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 15:56:09 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-06-24 00:48, Paul A Norman wrote:
>>> I had another inspiration. Please test r845 or later - hopefully that
>>> fixes this issue finally.
> I've been putting a lot of work through on Tw r846  (aware of TeXLive
> coming up also) and have the `sense' - what else can you say with a
> fickle problem - that this might be much improved if not actually
> solved.

Thanks for testing :). Looking at the glass as being half-full, I
decided that it was at least a significant improvement, so I made a
0.4.2 minor release out of it (and the other fixes we had since 0.4.1).

> Scrolling the document also seems smoother, and also resizing the edit
> window is smoother, and wordwrap happens more evenly and looks better
> with a bigger margin at the right perhaps?
>
> Previously resizing the window gave you the sense of a micro jagged
> effect, not smooth by comparison with how smoothly it now happens.

I didn't change anything there, but I've updated Qt from 4.7.2 to 4.7.3
at some point (however I'm not sure when, unfortunately). So this could
explain some of the usability enhancements...

HTH