[texworks] TL2011 pretest on win7

Andreas Hirsch nishni_nowgorod at gaponline.de
Sat Jun 25 15:25:54 CEST 2011

Hi together,

today I did a test on win7 prof.

I changed the installation-directory for testing directories containing
spaces. No problems there!

Installation finished with any problems.

I noticed that adding TL-bin to the Path is done by the installer.

Some minor 'problems' - not concerning the 'main-TL':

Supposing our win7-user didn't install any extracting program, the
build-in is a little weak to see and to manage to extract a given
local-texmf in the right hierarchy.

To set up TeXWorks for latex-dvips-ps2pdf some extra work has to be done ...

I tested compiling two files (pdflatex and latex-dvips-ps2pdf) - stored
in a place containing spaces ;-) and also needing local sty-files:

everything works smoothly! :)

Thanks to everybody for the great affords you made to give aus TL2011!

You will find a lot of screenshots here
http://members.gaponline.de/afj/tl2011_pretest/ - feel free to use of

(The command-line-box will not be needed in the final TL-installation,
but for now the location has to be given)

How do we persuade new users
that spreading fonts across the page
like peanut butter across hot toast
is not necessarily the route to